Solo Trip to Marsaxlokk and the Blue Grotto – A Magical Day in Malta



During my stay in Malta, I decided to go on a solo trip to truly experience the island and discover its less touristy corners. I spent the entire day in the south, visiting the fishing village of Marsaxlokk and the famous Blue Grotto.

Marsaxlokk – the colorful soul of Malta

Upon arrival in Marsaxlokk, I immediately felt that this place held something special. The tiny fishing village is filled with traditional luzzu boats, painted in bright colors and adorned with the distinctive Eye of Osiris. Walking along the waterfront, I could observe the daily life of the locals – fishermen returning from their catch, small restaurants serving fresh fish, and the peaceful rhythm of the day.


Blue Grotto – Underwater Magic


The next stop on my trip was the Blue Grotto. I took a boat ride and spent several dozen minutes admiring the incredible rock formations and caves, each bathed in crystal-clear blue light. The water's color varied from turquoise, through emerald, to intense navy blue – something that can't be fully captured in photos.


A Day of Discovery


I spent the rest of the day strolling along the local paths, stopping every now and then to admire the scenery. That's what I love most about solo travel – I can go at my own pace, soak up the views, and feel like the world is my own.


That day in Malta will stay with me for a long time – it was full of peace, wonder, and the little moments that make traveling a true adventure.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My international friends

🌊 Trip to Gozo and Comino 🌴

Creating New Things with AI